We want to help you to help others to successfully navigate this period.
We offer an explainer video, supported by a suite of factsheets, that provides clear messages that can be understood by people of all ages to navigate, grow and thrive through this period.
Video: Wellbeing and Resilience in World Uncertainty
Factsheets Supporting Above Video
These factsheets extend the content in the attached video.
- Children and Young People in Foster Care
- Children and Young People in Residential Care
- Children of Primary School Age (For Parents and Teachers)
- Young People in Secondary School (For Parents and Teachers)
- Supporting Foster Care Families (For Practitioners and Support Workers)
Explaining COVID-19 to Children and Young People: Resources to Explore Side-By-Side With Children and Young People
- South Australian Department of Health Story Book for Children
- Reflective Explainer Booklet
- 5 Minute Explainer Video to Watch With Children and Young People 4 to 11.
- Explainer Video to Watch With Children and Young People
Explaining COVID-19 to Children and Young People: How to Communicate
- How to Explain COVID-19 to Your Children By Michael Carr-Greg (Video)
- Factsheet on How to Explain COVID-19 to Children and Young People (Emerging Minds)
Good Self-Care and Wellbeing Strategies
The following LBI Foundation video provides an overview of wellbeing and the PERMA model as a method to build personal and collective wellbeing. It is designed to be explored side-by-side between two or more people. It is linked to LBI Foundation's Care IMPACT Community Development Stream.
The following are a selection of key resources and contact points during this period.
- Self-Care Tips By Australian Psychological Society
- Mindfulness Meditation App to Help Regulate Uncertainty (Smiling Mind)
- Lifeline - 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline - 1800 551 800
- Beyond Blue - 1300 224 636
Can you please notify us (email@example.com) if you find any engaging, simple and clear explainer tools/videos.
Our Approach: Science to Practice
LBI Foundation's approach is to support you to integrate the science of wellbeing and resilience (and trauma-informed practice) with the knowledge and wisdom you already hold.
To help you help others in times of COVID-19 uncertainty, we have identified three foundational building blocks, that you can bring to your focus in your supporting adult roles. These building blocks are made practical through strategies, and are grounded on the science of positive psychology, trauma and growth, and knowledge translation. Across all the communities we support, we will be bringing focus to energising these building blocks through caregiving, teaching and supporting adult roles.
LBI Foundation Services and Community Development Initiatives
lblearninghub.org is the resource and online learning and accreditation site for LBI Foundation.
Our suite of services and community development initiatives can be found here.