This Resource Page is Dedicated to Helping You and Your Community to Navigate Uncertainty.
This page has resources dedicated to:
- Supporting Children Under 12
- Supporting Others Through COVID-19
- Wellbeing Plan for Youth and Adults
- External Supports and Contacts
Supporting Children Under 12
Children under 12 years of age require caregivers, teachers and supporting adults to help and coach them side-by-side to navigate feelings of uncertainty. Here are six key areas of focus or intents for parents, teachers and supporting adults to bring focus to in their support.
This tip sheet offers practical strategies for parents, caregivers, teachers and supporting adults: click here.
Supporting Others Through COVID-19
LBI Foundation have developed the following key resources. First, a video that describes how to support others build wellbeing and resilience in the context of COVID-19 world uncertainty.
The following factsheets extend the content in the attached video:
- Children and Young People in Foster Care
- Children and Young People in Residential Care
- Children of Primary School Age (For Parents and Teachers)
- Young People in Secondary School (For Parents and Teachers)
- Supporting Foster Care Families (For Practitioners and Support Workers)
The following resources support the explanation of COVID-19 to children and young people.
- South Australian Department of Health Story Book for Children
- Reflective Explainer Booklet
- 5 Minute Explainer Video to Watch With Children and Young People 4 to 11.
- Explainer Video to Watch With Children and Young People
- How to Explain COVID-19 to Your Children By Michael Carr-Greg (Video)
- Factsheet on How to Explain COVID-19 to Children and Young People (Emerging Minds)
Wellbeing Plan for Youth and Adults
The following LBI Foundation video provides an overview of wellbeing and the PERMA model as a method to build personal and collective wellbeing. It is designed to be explored side-by-side between two or more people. It is linked to LBI Foundation's Care IMPACT Community Development Stream.
We encourage you to explore the video side-by-side with others, and develop a PERMA Plan for yourself (and/or your community). You can download this factsheet and guide to help you here.
The following are a selection of key resources and contact points for people struggling with uncertainty.
- Self-Care Tips By Australian Psychological Society
- Mindfulness Meditation App to Help Regulate Uncertainty (Smiling Mind)
- Lifeline - 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline - 1800 551 800
- Beyond Blue - 1300 224 636
Can you please notify us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you find any engaging, simple and clear explainer tools/videos.