LBI Foundation are partnering with Centacare Catholic Country SA in the delivery of the “The Bush Telegraph” across the Eyre Peninsula in the first half of 2021. This project is being funded under the South Australian Government Statewide Wellbeing Strategy, led by Wellbeing SA.
This program is designed to build 'whole-of-community' mental health and wellbeing outcomes, with a focus on COVID-19 vulnerable communities.
Overview of the Project
The project is summarised through the following 3-minute video.
The project includes the following two key components.
Community Champions – these IMPACT trained, coached and accredited community members have access to ongoing coaching and resources to empower their communities. They are embedded within Centacare Catholic Country SA across the Eyre Peninsula (in place December 2020).
Wellbeing Projects – Community Champions work side-by-side ‘with’ identified priority communities to design and deliver projects that translate the science of wellbeing to community needs and context, drawing upon IMPACT Program resources, tools, modules and strategies (March to June 2021).
These components are embedded within a whole-of-community awareness raising and training strategy (occurring February to May 2021).
Wellbeing Projects are currently being co-designed with local communities. Further information on specific projects will be provided in March 2021.
Where is this Program Being Focused?
It is centered on Whyalla, Port Lincoln and Ceduna, and their broader satellite communities, with a focus on the following COVID-19 vulnerable groups, including:
- Vulnerable young people aged 12-25.
- Vulnerable families and caregivers.
- Young adults who have experienced stress through COVID-19 changes.
- Groups at risk of social exclusion and housing vulnerability.
Further information, specific to your region, is available from:
- Greg Hatcher (Whyalla and Port Lincoln) - email@example.com
- Jen Vonic-Joyce (Port Lincoln and Ceduna) - firstname.lastname@example.org
For generalised information on the project, contact:
- Nicole Linsell (Centacare Catholic Country SA) - email@example.com
- Ivan Raymond (LBI Foundation) - firstname.lastname@example.org